We are CAScination AG, a fast-growing and award-winning medical device manufacturer. We are dedicated to development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative robotic and image-guided solutions for surgical and interventional medical procedures. Our products enable physicians to perform reproducible and standardized medical treatments, providing patients with minimally-invasive, yet effective treatments.
For our R&D team in Bern, Switzerland, we are searching for a:
Senior Software Engineer for Surgical Robotic Applications (C++) (m/f, 100%)
CAScination’s software engineers develop the next-generation technology for robotic surgery. We would be happy to welcome aboard enthusiastic individuals, willing to dedicate their talents to one of the most humane fields of engineering. You will be a proud participant in a very responsible, highly challenging and regulated development process – from collaborating with clinical specialists, to releasing well-designed and thoroughly tested code, to validating its real-world behavior.
- Develop innovative software products for medical use (incl. their algorithms, communication protocols, user interfaces, verification testbenches, automated tests, and documentation)
- Discuss and implement architecture decisions on a large software framework based on C++
- Proactively seek to improve existing architecture, code and test suites
- Support the infrastructure for continuous integration
- Strive to improve our processes, introduce new tools, technologies and best practices
- Participate in clinical studies
- Master's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of industry experience developing C++ software for embedded systems. Experience with modern C++ (at least C++11), STL, Boost, and UML
- Experience with SMP real-time operating systems (e.g. QNX, VxWorks)
- Understanding the concepts of clean software architectures, good command of the SOLID and package principles, knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience with modern ways of agile software development, based e.g. on git, Jira, Jenkins, SonarQube, TestRail, Enterprise Architect
- Energetic, proactive and decisive team player thriving in an international youthful environment
- Excellent English communication skills
- Any knowledge of Qt, SysML, static analysis, code metrics, motion control/mechatronics, 62304, 61508, requirements, medical risk management and QMS, would be considered an advantage
If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to anticipate future trends and opportunities, then join our dynamic team. We offer you an extremely interesting position with competitive compensation and benefits, and a great culture in a company advocating equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving your application* (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References, Diploma, etc.).(
JOBS@CASCINATION.COM, Phone: Léonie Bernet +41 31 552 04 30
* Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered